Power Home Challenge
Grand Prize Giveaway
1. This is a limited time sweepstakes promotion, with one (1) grand prize winner. The sweepstakes begins on October 12, 2011 and ends on November 11, 2011 at 11:59pm (ET) (the “sweepstakes period”). Visitors to the Power Home Challenge website will have the opportunity to determine the top five (5) entries by voting for the most deserving entry from October 12, 2011 through November ___, 2011 at 11:59pm (ET) (the “voting period”). Power Home Remodeling Group, Inc. (“PHRG”) or its designee will award one (1) grand prize at the end of the voting period. The grand prize is a selection of up to $20,000 in approximate retail value of installed PHRG exterior home remodeling products. Void where prohibited by law, rule or regulation. A panel of judges from PHRG will select the grand prizewinner in its sole discretion from the top five (5) entries as determined by the online voting. Grand prizewinner will be selected within five business days after the end of the voting period. PHRG reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate this promotion without notice at any time. The winner will be notified by phone or certified mail within 15 days after being selected by the judge panel. Inability to contact initially-selected winner by phone or return of any prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. All prizes will be awarded.
2. No purchase is necessary to participate in this promotion, and you do not have to submit to a sales presentation. Void where prohibited by law, rule or regulation. You may enter this promotion by submitting your photo online at www.powerhomechallenge.com. All entries must include the entrant’s full name, address (where the prize would be installed), phone number and date of birth. No more than one entry per household is allowed. PHRG is not responsible for any illegible, misplaced, damaged or late entries, or for the failure or malfunction of any telecommunications or computer system. The address listed on each entry form must be the address where the prize is to be installed if such entry is selected as the winner. All contest entries will become the property of PHRG and will not be acknowledged or returned. Visitors to the Power Home Challenge website at www.powerhomechallenge.com will have the opportunity to vote for their favorite entry during the voting period. The five (5) entries that receive the highest number of votes will be submitted to the panel of judges for selection of the grand prize winner.
3. Sweepstake entrants must (i) reside in the Philadelphia or Boston Metro survey areas (as defined by Arbitron Inc); (ii) be eighteen (18) years of age or older, (iii) own their own home, which is where the prize will be installed if the entrant is selected as the winner, and which home is a single-family home with a structure that is in a suitable condition (as determined by PHRG or its designees) for installation of the prize (including compliance with local building codes and regulations), and (iv) reside in a geographic area in which PHRG is permitted to install such prize at the winner’s home. Employees, officers and directors of PHRG, its affiliates, subsidiaries, co-branded partners, consultants, contractors, advertising, public relations, promotion, fulfillment and marketing agencies, their immediate families and those living in their same households are not eligible to participate in the promotion.
4. The grand prizewinner will receive up to Twenty Thousand Dollars ($20,000) approximate retail value of PHRG products, professionally installed by PHRG or its designees. (Approximate retail value includes cost of products and cost of installation services.) Any costs (whether products or services) in excess of $20,000 shall be the sole and exclusive responsibility of the winner. Prize is not transferable by the winner and must be installed at the address listed on the winning entry form. Installation must be provided by PHRG personnel or PHRG’s designee. Prize elements and scheduling of installation are subject to availability and may be subject to black-out dates. Installation subject to the terms and conditions of PHRG’s standard installation guidelines. All expenses not specifically provided for are the sole responsibility of the winner.
5. Winner’s home must be in suitable condition for product installation (e.g., no water, mold, structural damage, etc.). Any waterproofing, remediation or other repairs necessary for proper installation (as deemed by PHRG or its designees in their sole discretion) must be performed at homeowner’s expense prior to installation of the products. Installation labor does not include painting, staining, floor coverings, lighting or HVAC systems. Winner is solely responsible for obtaining any building, construction or similar permits required by his/her city or town for installation of the grand prize. PHRG will cooperate as reasonably required in seeking any such permit. No transfers, substitution in prizes or cash will be allowed except by PHRG, who may substitute a prize of equal or greater value in its sole or absolute discretion. Prizes awarded have no cash value. Upon installation of prize, PHRG will be deemed to have awarded the prize to the winner with the winner assuming full ownership and responsibility for the prize. Winner must arrange for prize installation no later than one month following the award of the prize and installation must occur and be completed with in six months of confirmed notification.
6. The winner must comply with all instructions in the prize notification correspondence, which may include the completion of an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release, as well as have met all of the eligibility requirements set forth within these Rules; otherwise prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected. Acceptance or use of a prize constitutes permission for PHRG and its affiliates to use prizewinner’s name and likeness for advertising and promotional purposes without compensation, unless otherwise prohibited by law.
7. Liability for any applicable taxes, including all federal, state, and local taxes and/or other fees (including permitting and inspection fees) that may apply to prize is the sole responsibility of the winner. Any required tax reporting forms will be furnished to the Internal Revenue Service and the prizewinner. Winner must provide his/her social security number to PHRG for tax reporting purposes. All expenses not specifically provided for by PHRG in these Rules are the sole responsibility of the winner.
8. Entries that are lost, late, illegible or incomplete for any reason will not be eligible. PHRG reserves the right to modify or terminate this Sweepstakes at any time or disqualify any entry in good faith. In the event of a dispute concerning the identity of the person submitting an entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name the winning home is titled.
9. For a winner’s list, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope within 30 days following the end of the prize period to Power Home Remodeling Group, Inc. 2501 Seaport Drive, First Floor, Chester, PA 19013, including a request for the winners name. PHRG maintains a notification system that you can use to stop any PHRG sweepstakes or contest-related mailings from being sent to you. If you wish to place yourself on this notification system, just write to PHRG at the foregoing address with your request, and provide your name and address.
10. By participating in the promotion and sweepstakes, participants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless PHRG, its affiliates, co-branded partners, subsidiaries, retailers, advertising and promotion partners and agencies and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents, from any damages which may arise out of participation in the promotion in any way or out of the acceptance, use, misuse or possession of a prize. Acceptance of a prize may require entering a standard contract or purchase order for the goods and services to be provided, as required by state law. This promotion is conducted in English (which will be given its everyday ordinary meaning). This Sweepstakes is sponsored by Power Home Remodeling Group, Inc. 2501 Seaport Drive, First Floor, Chester, PA 19013 and governed by the laws of the United States with venue in Chester, Pennsylvania.
11. Each of PHRG and Greater Media and its radio stations undertake no liability or responsibility for any risk, incident or damage, direct or indirect, relating to or arising out of the promotion, including (but not limited to) cancellations, postponements, delays or other scheduling changes; missed events or connections or inability of winner to attend; and accident, injury, death, damage or expense arising from or occurring during the use of the prize, or travel to/from or attendance at any event relating to the contest, by the winner and/or winner’s guest(s). None of PHRG or Greater Media and its radio stations is responsible for technical, hardware or software failure or malfunctions, lost or unavailable network or other telecommunications connections, or lost, late, misdirected, damaged, illegible, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled, disconnected, or delayed contest entries or communications, whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or used in this promotion, or by any human error which may occur in the execution of this contest. If, for any reason, the contest is not capable of being conducted as planned, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bug, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or other causes beyond the control of PHRG, PHRG reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest and/or determine an alternate method of awarding the prize(s).
12. Failure to conform to all contest rules, or any fraud or other illegal or inappropriate conduct on the part of an entrant or on an entrant’s behalf, will result in the entrant’s disqualification and forfeiture of any prize won. PHRG reserves the right to rule ineligible entrants who, in PHRG’s sole judgment, engage in abusive conduct with respect to any contest or promotion conducted by PHRG or its affiliates. By taking part in this contest, participants agree to be bound by these rules and all decisions of the judges, who are employees of PHRG and whose decisions with respect to all aspects of the sweepstakes are final and binding.
13. As a condition to participating in this promotion, each entrant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and all causes of action arising out of or in connection with this promotion shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. The entrant and PHRG hereby waive any and all right to trial by jury. If any provision of these Official Rules is declared or found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be illegal, unenforceable or void, then such provision will be null and void but each other provision hereof not so affected will be enforced to the full extent permitted by applicable law.